Monday, March 8, 2010

NEW CAR!








yay yay yay! Doug and I finally got another car this past week! After weeks of looking on KSL and autotrader, we finally found one that we love! We went car shopping last Saturday and found quite a few that we liked but unfortunately they weren't in our price range. We finally found a blue 2007 Camry that we liked at the Nissan dealership in Orem but it was too late at night for us to go look at it. So monday morning, I took one of my best friends Abby with me to the dealership because Doug was in class, to go make a deal! Doug told me the max that I could offer and let me just say, I was working as hard as that salesman. I told him how much we wanted to pay out the door and he kept bringing me back a price that was a little more than we wanted and I would just tell him no. The guy was a total cheeseball but nice. Finally we got him down to our price and I told him he must give us a new windshield, detail the inside/outside of the car and new floor mats if he wanted us to buy the car. It worked like a charm :)
Have to say I was quite proud of myself for being such a good haggler because I really don't like talking about money with people. I think it's awkward! Doug went to pick up the car that night and sign all the papers. The guy who did all the financial things for Nissan actually was from where Doug used to live in California and knew his brother, sisters and his in-laws so he showed us that the dealership was giving us a great deal on the car so that made us feel great.
Callie the Camry (that's the name I gave her, Doug said she is not a girl car haha) works like a charm. We've been driving her around whenever we can and it's so nice not to be in such a loud F-150 anymore!! So we'll be driving this car to California at the end of April to come see everyone and it'll see tons of states this summer as we drive it to DC!

3 comments:

kristin said...

yea! congrats!

Mom said...

Callie, huh?

Snow Family said...

So this is the car you drive around when you guys are together? I'm sure it gets better gas mileage than the truck. Callie looks much better than my first camry :). Getting the price you want is not fun - I would be proud of myself too if I were you!