Ellen and baby shower post is coming tomorrow! I promise. If I put it in writing here then I have to do it right??
Well today is the day. No not my due date. But the day that I can officially say that I am 9 months pregnant. Whatttttt??? I want to say "when did this happen" but it's been a very long journey to 9 months so this is one happy day for me. In a week, I will be officially full term and it will be totally safe for my baby girl to get here. Here's the deal Daniella... your crib isn't supposed to get here until next Friday so how about you wait 2 more weeks and then make your arrival? K great.
Today also marks the beginning of my weekly doctors appointments. I have officially told all of the nurses to make sure I don't see my weight because it just depresses me. My cute nurse just told me I've only gained two pounds in two weeks so I guess I am ok with that. I'll just deal with at all later haha
My doctor also checked me for Strep B. Let me just tell you, I am glad he told me two weeks ago that he would be doing this test at my next visit because it gave me time to read up on the Strep B virus. Which is very different from strep throat...and so is the way they check for it hahaha so I am glad I went into this visit knowing what was up.
It's interesting cause last visit I was measuring right on schedule. 34 cm for 34 weeks. But today I measured small at only 32 cm. I got kind of worried because I didn't know if it meant I was low on fluid or anything. But my doctor just explained that she has dropped very far down into position. And because I'm tall and have a very long torso, most of her body has dropped, making me look smaller up top. Which I am not complaining about at all because it has made breathing so much easier, and it means she is getting ready to make her entrance.
So here's to a couple more weeks of not sleeping at nights, long bubble baths, uncomfortable braxton hicks, labor anxiety, shopping for baby, daydreaming about her face, randoms touching my stomach, laying out at the pool, a quiet house, stretchy pants, random cravings, and getting larger by the day.
But it's so worth it.
3 comments:
Crazy! She will be beautiful! Here's to hoping these last few weeks are easy for you :)
It's so close I can hardly stand it!
Maybe you'll be lucky and deliver early- have her before Kyle's baptism! :)
Post a Comment