So Doug's routine in the morning before work is to wake up around 5 am and go to the gym and then come home and get ready for the day. Usually I would sleep right through it, but with sleeping not being so deep and peaceful as it used to be, I wake up alot from his moving around the apartment. Well this morning I woke up at 5 and saw Doug in our bedroom doorway staring at our living room. He had a paper towel and kept bending over to breathe and was freaking out. I asked him what was wrong.
He then informed me that there was a huge spider just sitting on our living room couch. Doug and I both have SEVERE arachnaphobia. Like it's really bad. I've always made my dad come and kill any spider in my room, no matter what time of the night. And I guess Doug has had a couple jump on his head when he was little hahaha so we both hate them. But he's the man in the relationship so it's his job to kill them in our home. But this morning, he was absolutely terrified. And seriously stressing out for awhile about how he was going to kill this spider. His biggest fear wasn't even the spider... it was trying to get the spider and it running away and not knowing where it went haha I tried not to laugh because I know he was really scared but it was pretty funny. And then he said "I wish my mom was here" and that really made me laugh. Here's my tall, athletic, strong, 26 year old husband wishing his much much smaller mother was here to kill the spider. haha I realized that our kids will probably never be able to say that about us because we probably will make them kill it themselves haha or buy one of those bug zappers they sell in the SkyMall magazine.
In the end, it got sucked up by the vacumn because that seemed like the safest possible bet for Doug. Later on when he was at work I texted him and told him that I was nervous to sit on the couch now haha and he said "I was looking at the couch like it had betrayed me this morning. I don't envy you"
hahahaha love him.
8 comments:
Just a wee little correction....it was your mom not your dad who killed the spiders for you. On the rare occasion that dad would kill the bug he would do so by whipping a shoe or similar object at it and then I would discover the splat later. I guess we all know where the fear comes from now! ;)
Dad said....
Your memory is correct, I did the killing in the family.
oh boy. I'm with you two! Mark isn't freaked out like I am. I would have reacted the same way! Anything a spider touches is dirty and ruined to me haha
Oh my gosh, you guys gotta get over it! What would you do Rosie if you found a spider crawling on your baby?? hahaha
Hilarious! I could totally picture it. :)
Well! I feel like a hero! haha Poor Doug- but a man's gotta do what he's gotta do!
i would have never thought to get the vacuum! Good job. It's quite a rush killing a spider don't you think? haha Funny story :). You should write a short story about it and have it illustrated. :)
Trevor and I are the exact same way! hahaha I get mad at him and ask him why he is so scared because he is a dude... oh man, so funny haha We have got in legit arguments over who has to kill a spider haha
Post a Comment