Monday, May 14, 2012

Little ramblings and thoughts

I'm ready for our baby girl to get here.  I'm ready to take too many pictures of her and put them up here.
I'm ready to kiss those little toes that kick me everyday.  I'm ready to dress her up and just stare at her and wonder how I got so lucky.  I'm ready to have someone to keep me company everyday while Doug is at work and run errands with me. 
And..  I'm ready for my stomach to get back to normal and not get bigger and bigger everyday.

There are so many fun things that I am learning during this pregnancy that get me more and more excited about this little one getting here.  There also are some tough things that I didn't expect.
Like...

I didn't know that I would not get a good nights sleep after my first trimester ended.  I seriously think this is Heavenly Father's way of getting me ready to be up at night with her but all I want to do NOW is sleep while I can.  Doug laughs when I say I don't even enjoy sleep anymore (because I really love sleeping) but it's true.  She's either kicking me awake at 3 am or I'm dying from heat (even though our apartment is set to like 66 degrees).  I don't know how I'm going to make it till July sometimes.

I didn't know how emotional I would get from seeing babies being born on tv, movies..etc or reading friends labor stories.  That's saying alot because I am someone who likes a good cry every now and then but I swear, I lose it everytime I see a new little one being born.  It is the most beautiful thing in the world and I'm so ready to experience it.

I had no idea how much personality my little girl would have before she even got here!  Everytime she goes crazy or gets the hiccups, I just imagine her and what little thoughts must be going through her mind.  If she's anything like her daddy, those daily hiccups are driving her crazy!

She also makes me want to eat.  I look back at my first trimester and how awful it was and how I didn't want to eat anything and I kind of wish sometimes it was still that way haha not really but kind of.  First trimester, I wanted nothing to do with dessert or anything sweet... yea third trimester is a different story.  Oh well right? Everyone says enjoy it now.  I just need to remind myself when I want sweets is that my body won't enjoy it as much in a couple months when I'm running on the treadmill.

I also realized how much STUFF babies need.  They are so tiny and little and yet they need an endless amount of things.  Carseat, stroller, diaper bag, diapers, bouncers, bottles...the list is seriously endless.  Our living room is being taken over by her stuff.  Which is secretly ok with me because sometimes I like to just look at it and imagine her using it in a couple of months.

Finding a good doctor is so important.  I am so lucky that I love my doctor here in Irvine.  Yes, he is a little different from other doctors.... he's pretty blunt haha but most importantly he is the best at being encouraging through this new and sometimes scary time.  Telling me my pregnancy is going perfect and reassuring me that I haven't gained too much weight is such a nice thing.  Happy to know that my baby will be delivered in such good hands.

Watching Doug get ready to be a new dad is the sweetest thing in the world.  Everytime she moves around, he is putting his hands on my stomach and talking to her.  Sometimes she's stubborn and stops moving but mostly she knows when he's there.  We spent about 30 minutes in church the other day just in awe of what she was doing in there! Girlfriend was going nuts... and Doug's face was priceless.  I know he's going to be such a good daddy!

Painting your toenails when you are 31 weeks along is hard.  That's all I have to say.

I also don't like to see other children named Daniella.  Is that weird?  There is a little girl that I think lives in our complex with that name and I heard her mom call her name at the pool and I looked at her.  And then I wished I didn't because she doesn't look anything like what our little girl will probably look like and it kinda weirded me out. haha I don't know why because it doesn't make any sense at all but it just did.

It's a weird transition when people stop asking "oh when are you due?" to "how much longer do you have?"  makes me feel like these next 2 months are going to drag on.  And that I'm huge.

Wasn't sure what women meant when they said they could feel their babies in their ribs until this past week.  Ouch! I'm hoping she doesn't get used to this position because it hurts!

That's about it for now... 
I'll blog soon about the Ellen's Mothers Day show because I've had a lot of people ask me about it! Let's just say, it was a HUGE blessing and I am so lucky that I was able to be apart of it.

7 comments:

Brit. said...

SO happy for you :) Can not wait to read posts and see pictures of your precious baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Rosanna -- You are so cute! You're going to be a great mom. I'm so happy for you. Good Luck with the next 2 months. I hope they pass quickly and relatively easily - and that you manage at least a little sleep! Best Wishes, Linda Frahm

Aly said...

i can't believe i forgot to ask you about it!! i want to know all the details!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

beautiful post :)!

Mom said...

Oh...so when are you due? (J/K!) So glad to finally read an update- thank you! So good to hear how our newest little grandchild (though not quite here yet. . .) is doing. Enjoy every moment!

Snow Family said...

If you have a journal started for Daniella then print what you just wrote and put it in there! It's fun to hear what is on your mind.

Wendy said...

Love this post, brings back so many memories.