Like I have said before, this little gal is a mover.
Like NO JOKE she moves ALL THE TIME.
That's why our ultrasound lady said she was more like a boy than a girl haha she is all over the place.
Girls are supposed to be a little more mellow and ours is definitely not.
And I'm totally fine with it because I love feeling like she is reminding me, "Hey I'm here, and this is my personality.. get ready mommy"
So imagine what was going through my head when this little one decided she was going to barely move at all, all day Monday and half of Tuesday.
Yea... let's just say I panicked.
Um actually I didn't just panic, I turned into one hot psychotic mess.
I had felt her move a little bit during the day on Monday and a little bit Tuesday morning. But I am used to feeling her intensely move almost every hour of everyday.
I know as the baby gets bigger, it's not going to have as much room to move around and the kicks will become less frequent.
But I really didn't think this could happen over night, because Sunday she was her usual crazy self.
So I freaked.
My rational brain wasn't telling me that she was fine because I could still feel her kinda.
My irrational brain just started thinking of all the things that could have happened. You don't even want to know what I was thinking.
So I called my doctor and tried to keep it together on the phone as I explained to the nurse what was going on but I totally lost it. Like I don't even know how she could understand what I was saying.
Luckily I have the world's best doctor's office because she immediately told me to come right in and get checked just in case. I'm sure she knew everything was fine but she was helping me calm down and that is what I needed.
As I was getting ready, I called Doug freaking out. Poor guy is out of town in Dallas for work and had to listen to his crazy wife freak out. He was so great and told me to be safe and go to the doctor and let him know what they said.
Then my mom called and I lost it again. She told me she was sure everything was fine but she knew how I was feeling because she felt that way sometimes when she was pregnant with us kids too.
Got to the doctors office and got hooked up to a fetal heart monitor.
And of course, she starts moving around for the nurse and I can hear her heartbeat as strong as it's ever been.
She was fine. Like everyone said she would be. I started blubbering to the nurse about how sorry I was and how I just freaked out for no reason. And she told me that she was so glad that I came in so I could know that she was alright. "Better safe than sorry" she kept saying to me. They kept me hooked up for like 10 minutes just to track her progress and double check on everything.
And yes she is perfectly fine. I guess she was just really tired all day Monday and Tuesday or something. But it threw me for a very weird loop.
Then last night she began being her normal self again and going crazy. And it was the best feeling in the entire world.
I thought the most scared I would be during my pregnancy was the first trimester when the miscarriage rate is so high. I thought I would be in the clear after that.
NOPE.
I don't think the anxious feeling of worrying about your baby really goes away ever. I am already so incredibly in love with her and any thought of anything going wrong just absolutely terrifies me. I guess this is just how I'm getting prepared to be a real mommy.
Tommorow is the beginning of my 3rd and final trimester and it feels like it has taken forever! But it means I'm less than 3 months away from her getting here. And we still have alot to do so please stay chill for at least another 10 weeks baby girl!
7 comments:
OH gosh, that would get me so worried! Your doctors office sounds so awesome Rosana! seriously :) glad everythings OK! love ya :D
You are so right! It is good practice for when you become a real mommy because you NEVER stop worrying for one second! You are smart to go in though; your nurse was right. It is better to be safe than sorry! Good luck on your last trimester! You're so much closer than me. I just ended my first! haha
So scary! I'm glad your little girl is alright in there! :)
So scary! I'm glad your little girl is alright in there! :)
awww i'm sorry, im sure that is not a good feeling, glad you went in for peace of mind! AHHH you are going to be a mom so soon! Crazy exciting!
I'm SO glad everything is OK. You're a good Mom to notice when she's having an off day - so in tune with her already! When you deliver little Daniella and they lay her on your chest you'll look into her eyes and feel like you already know her - because you do. Big hugs!
Well if she's normally wild in your tummy then it looks like you might be lucky enough to have a girl just like Valerie! haha I'm glad everything was fine.
Post a Comment