This last couple weeks have been kind of a whirlwind! I want to blog more but I feel like my life isn't that interesting haha once Daniella gets here, I'm sure life will get more interesting. Sorry this is gonna be a long one.
I was so lucky to be able to go to Utah for a week in March and spend time with my family. My whole family was in town from Tennessee for spring break and I love getting to see all of them. They just live way too far away. We stayed at a cabin in Sundance that we really like and it SNOWED ALOT.
This was my view for like 2 days. I was not ready for it.
When I was there my aunts Nicole and Abbie and my sister Arianna threw me a shower and it was so much fun! I'm so grateful for them and all the work they put into it. It was so nice of them to do that and plan it all! Also for my little Laurface for bringing a freaking bomb dessert and making a price is right baby game for me. Girl knows the way to my heart with the price is right haha and thank you to all my sweet friends who were able to make it. I don't have any of the real pictures so here are some of the ones from my phone.
Janae!!
Amy and Noah. Look at how adorable he is!
Laur and Jamie!
There is a nice little pile of "stuff" growing in our living room for Daniella. So many things for such a small little baby.
Can I tell you that finding a cute outfit for the shower was a struggle? With all the pregnant women in the world. you would think there would be a lot more maternity stores or bigger maternity sections at regular stores? This is just me ranting. May or may not have had a mini breakdown in the Gap dressing room. I'm gonna blame it on the hormones.
Sadly Doug's sweet grandmother Gloria passed away two weeks ago. We got to spend a lot of time with her when we were living in Provo and I'm really glad I got that time to get to know her. She was one funny lady.
She was so tiny! We will really miss her.
For the funeral, we drove up for a quick trip to Utah with Doug's sisters. Although the circumstances were really sad, it was really nice for all of Doug's siblings to be together in Utah and spend time with the whole family.
This was the first funeral I have ever been to so I was a little nervous. I've never had anyone close to me pass away until my Grandpa in December and I wasn't able to go to his in Massachusetts. But it was a really nice service and I know that Grandma would have been really happy to have so much family there.
Of course there was a lot of baby loving on this trip haha I mean look at these two! How could you not?
Ava and Aubrey
Just getting ready for mommy duty in 3 months! Ahhh!
Daddy practice
It was so funny putting these two together. Everybody was taking tons of pictures and they kinda looked shell shocked haha
I love Aubrey's face in this one.
We had to listen to conference on the radio because we were on our drive home and did anyone else just really love ALL of Sunday mornings talks? They all hit home to me and I loved it.
Anyways, this past week has been kind of full of blessings and surprises for us! When we got back from Utah, I got a phone call from the Northern Los Angeles area. I was like what??? When I answered, it was the best phone call ever! It was a producer from the Ellen DeGeneres show calling to ask if I would like to be in the audience for her Mother's Day show. Ellen's mother's day show is filled completely with new pregnant moms and she always does so many fun things. I am so so excited. After I hung up, I started dancing and jumping around and Doug looked at me like I was crazy until I told him what just happened. Then he got really excited too haha I had applied a couple weeks before and didn't think I would get chosen because I didn't have some crazy sob story or really anything interesting. I'm just a normal girl waiting for my baby to get here. And I guess they liked that!
Here's a little sample of her show last year... CRAZINESS!
Doug hopes she tries to outdo herself hahaha
And then FINALLY someone bought Doug's truck that we have been trying to sell for 2 months.
Signing his baby over. He was pretty sad.
We just knew that the truck wouldn't work with the baby. I have a hard time getting in and out of it, it would have been so hard with a carseat so it had to go.
And this is what we got instead!!
A Nissan Murano SL.
I am totally in love. Leather seats, back up camera, the whole shabang.
It's the perfect car for our growing family. We have been looking online for a while and this amazing car just kind of fell into our laps so we had to take it.
Happy happy us.
And Daniella keeps getting bigger and bigger everyday. Oh wait, that's just me haha she is growing but not as fast as me. I talked to my doctor about it and he explained how much fluid was inside of me now that didn't use to be there. He said to hold up a gallon of milk and that's how much extra fluid there was. Which is so crazy to think about but she has to be floating around in something.
Tight dresses really show it off. Oy!
And she is just as CRAZY as she has always been! I had the hardest time sleeping last night because she was kicking and moving for the longest time. And then she woke me up at like 5 am with her moving again. This must just be her way of telling me, "get ready mom. I'm going to be an early crawler, walker, mover" haha

4 comments:
So many exciting things going on for you! :)
AH! so many fun things. cannot wait to see your baby girl! and cute pic of us ;) love ya
I was shocked to see something new on your blog! haha thanks for all the updates!
Hi Honey, it's your mutha. I like your new car and of course I like you too (and Doug) (and Daniella).
Do you see that I signed you up on Bloglovin!?
Post a Comment