Friday, February 10, 2012

LIFE!

Well, lots to say and lots of space to say it!
One of my new year goals after we moved to California was to be better at blogging.  We live close to Doug's sister's and their families but we have other family and friends that want to keep up with us so this is for you guys! Let's start of with the major happenings in our life since the last time I posted... (so sorry).

1. We are having a baby!!!

This is our little girl! We found out on November 7th that we were having a baby.  Someday I'll put up the video after I took the test and cried my eyes out so you can see the kind of emotions we were going through.  We were so excited that a baby would be joining our family and so grateful that we were both going to be able to graduate and get settled into our new place before this addition arrived.  We found out on January 28th that we are having a little girl, Daniella Rose.


This is her first outfit we bought after we found out she was coming.  We decided to do a 3d ultrasound when I was only 16 1/2 weeks because Doug was leaving for four weeks for training in Chicago for his new job.  I didn't want to wait and I really wanted Doug to be able to be there for the ultrasound.  Everyone had been asking me before we found out if I wanted a boy or girl.  And like every mother I know, I said as long as he or she is healthy, I don't care.  And that really is so true.  I have some amazing friends that have gone through some tough times with their newborns recently and I admire their courage and strength so much.  But it has been on my mind a lot.  Healthy babies are such a blessing so that's all I am hoping and praying for.  But for the past 2 months I have felt like it was a girl.  All of the old wives tales pointed to it being a girl like.... "You crave spicy foods with boys" (that was definitely not happening), "Girls heart rates are usually higher than 150" (our littles ones was 167 the first time we heard it), and "Boys give beauty to their mothers, while girls take it away" (if you had seen me around Christmas time....yikes is all I have to say.  But besides those fun tales, I just had feeling.  I've been calling the baby a "her" for awhile.
Anyways, right now she is perfect.  She is due July 12th, in the heat of the summer and I am so anxious for her to get here. 

2. Not as big news but pretty dang close. We graduated from BYU (hallelujah) and moved out to Southern California. 
 (Graduate from college together: CHECK!)
 (Can I tell you how beautiful this diploma is?  I loved BYU with all my heart but I was ready to be dooooooone!)

Doug started his new job as systems integration consultant (don't ask me what that means please...) at a company called Accenture in Los Angeles.  He's been in Chicago for the past two weeks for training and is coming home for the weekend today, and then goes back for another two weeks.  So that really sucks but it's all part of the job right? But I am so proud of him in his "adult" job and I know he'll be great. 

3. We moved to CALIFORNIA! Seriously, we live in the most amazing weather right now.  I don't know if it's normal for winters to be this warm but I am not complaining at all.  If the weather is always like this, I will be able to take Daniella on walks all the time.  I'm not used to laying out in January but let me tell you, no complaints here.
(My Utah winter skin is loving the sun!)
Our apartment is still a work in progress so once we have it done, I will definitely put up pictures.  We aren't used to the extra space so we have to fill it up and paint and all that jazz.  Just give me a little more time.

So that's our life right now.  Because I am due in July, I am just enjoying life and taking it easy.  Starting next week, I will nanny a couple hours a week for my sister-in-law's friend.  It's not too many hours a week and I am grateful that it will give me something to do during the day while I wait for Doug to come home and the baby to get here!!
If you ever want to visit, let me know! Visitors are always welcome.  My momma was just out here this week for a little trip.  She didn't want me to be alone for 4 weeks and we had such a fun time.  The main thing she noticed about where we live is there is SO MUCH shopping! haha We went into Los Angeles to meet my Aunt Janine for lunch and visited the farmer's market at The Grove.
This place is seriously so cool.  There are TONS of little shops with candy, produce, pastries... anything you want! Then the next day we went to the Americana mall in Glendale to meet up with my cousin and his wife and it looks a lot like The Grove.  We also hit up South Coast Plaza this week which just makes me drool everytime I am in it. Gahhhh.  And we went to the Irvine Spectrum for dinner and shopping, so needless to say...there is ALOT of shopping to do around me! haha not that I don't love this for when the baby comes. 
Anyways, stop by if you're in town... we'd love to see you!

5 comments:

Laura and Guthrie said...

So cute Rosie:) She will be beautiful.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad you're blogging, even if you live around the corner, I still like to read it! :)

Rachel U said...

i LOVE the americana mall!! so fun. love your life rosa!!

Mom said...

Well finally! I always love to read about my families. Sounds like you are settling in- and Daniella Rose is darling! Can't wait to see her. . .

KIKA said...

ummm Jealous! super duper jely of you right now! Love that you're doing so well Rosanna! we miss you back here in Utah LOL--don't forget to post your latest reads! hahaha love and miss you! muah!