Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life update

So sorry it's been like weeks since I've updated!! Well we are finally in Maryland haha and let me tell you it is something else! More on that in a bit... But we had so much fun before coming here. I'll put up pictures soon, because we left our camera battery charger at Wayne and Kate's so we are just waiting for it so we can charge up our camera!! California was amazing, such a good vacation that the two of us needed! We loved being able to spend time with our friends and family. I seriously get so sad thinking about when the next time we can visit will be! I feel like all of our little nieces and nephews are growing up so fast and we just want them to stay young and cute. Even though we know they'll be just as cute when they get old. Just don't get too cute because we don't want creepy old asian men to keep checking you out at the beach (cough cough weirdo cough) Thank you again Wayne and Kate for letting us crash in your adorable apartment. We had so much fun hanging out and playing 50 year old trivial pursuit hahaha for all of those who might be curious... the best time of day to buy shoes is late afternoon!! hahaha we learned that playing that game.
Then it was roadtrip time to Ohio. Let me tell ya... that's a long drive. Thank you to Erik for looking up hotel rooms for us in the middle of podunk USA. Seriously I had no idea that so many hotels could be full for so many miles. Thank you massive Arbor Day festival in Nebraska (apparently they are the creators of the day so they have a big party for it), and massive air show in Missouri for making me stressed out of my mind and anxious for a hotel. We drove about 16 hours on the first day before we found a oh so wonderful (sarcasm here) comfort inn suites to stay at. I think Doug was getting a little sick of hearing me say I needed to shower and we both were wayyy tired! Doug kept saying I think we can make it through the night, lets keep driving but he got a little sleepy too so a break was definitely needed!! Plus, there are tons of trees and woods in missouri which mean lots of deer. We saw a couple luckily not in the road but we got a little paranoid about deer running across the highway at us at 1 am in the morning. I mean, I'm from Ohio. We have more deer than like the west coast combined. I have seen what they can do to small cars and I was not even risking that. So we rested. We got to my house safely the next day and had a blast with my family for a couple days. I miss them all the time. I had all my girlfriends over for a girls night and I loved it. I'm so grateful that all my Ohio girls get along because we really all have a blast together. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time! Doug and I were planning on going to Kings Island on that Monday but the stupid park is only opened on the weekends in May :( booo. So we went putt putting with my sister and Lindsay and Jeff. Let me just say, I am so bad at putt putting... it's not even funny. haha ok well Lindsay and Doug think it is. I was so ahead of everyone is points that I was hopeless for even 4th place haha how sad. But it was still fun.
Now we are in Maryland. We are literally about 5 minutes away from where my parents used to live when they first had me when they were poorer than dirt. And now I understand more about their horror stories they tell me because I can relate. haha it is definitely different than provo, that's all I can say. But Doug and I are making the best out of it and trying to make our apartment as homey as possible! Now I just have to find a job and wait for my friend Janae to get here with her babies so I won't be bored all the time... the pool doesnt even open till memorial day weekend and it is h-o-t here!! We just hope this summer treats us well!

2 comments:

Wayne & Kate said...

your road trip sounds like an adventure!!! it was so fun having you guys here! haha, i laughed so hard when i read about trivial pursuit... i forgot about the shoe thing- darn it- i bought a new pair this week but it was at night! i'm so dumb!!! should have gone in the afternoon... next time. lol! and you should have your charger by monday-ish. thanks for not saying it was my fault you left it at our place, bc it was! haha. miss you!
xoxo

Mom said...

Thanks for the update, glad to know how things went & are going! We miss you- the laundry room is so quiet on Sundays! :) Enjoy your adventure and good luck!