Saturday, January 16, 2010

Let's start at the beginning

Ok guys! I gave into the pressure from my married friends to get a blog! I never thought I would have one because I don't know when I will have time to update it and learn all about it but I will try!

So right in with our lives...
So Doug and I have some BIG decisions to make soon... mainly about what to do this summer. We had dinner with Doug's APX manager Kenny last week and he gave us some incentives to go out and sell this summer. We told him we would think about it and we've been praying and fasting to know what to do. It's either go out and sell or Doug go to school during spring/summer. Either way, I would be working. We've looked at the pros/cons of each and we're leaning towards APX again. It would be our last summer doing it and we have a good feeling about doing it. The APX draft is on Monday and that's when Kenny will pick where we are going so that will help us decide what to do as well. As long as we don't go to CHICAGO again, then I will be fine. Boy was that a disaster! So we will see and keep you all updated on what we decide.

Other than that, our lives are pretty normal right now for newlyweds.
I just started the Broadcast Journalism program and it is crazy! I love it so much and I'm so excited to actually be doing classes that I am interested in and being a part of the newsroom! Did you know that BYU's newsroom is #2 in the country??!??! and now I'm apart of that!! Look for my stories on the BYU daily news every Friday at noon!
Doug is still doing statistics and while I can't say that he LOVES it like I do, he is doing great with it. Everytime I look at his homework I cringe.. he will definitely be the one that teaches our kids math!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations! You have a blog! It looks marvelous and I'm excited to follow you're ever-changing lives.

Good luck with the APX decision. Has Doug talked to a business school counselor yet? They might be able to help him figure out what business schools are looking for so far as summer work is concerned. They helped Todd out so much. Without his counselor he never would have gotten into Harvard.

Amber said...

The blog looks great!
I am sure you will make the right decision about the summer.
Are your stories on BYU TV?

Rosanna and Doug said...

yea doug has talked to the business counselor and that reaffirmed our decision about APX this summer. He said that next summer was the summer that was crucial for doug to find a different job but this summer is ok! and yep amber my stories are on byu tv!!!

Wayne & Kate said...

YAY!!! Glad you have a blog!!! SO FUN!!! xoxo

Mom said...

O.K., so I got it to come up! I love the picture! Keep us all informed as to your decision! (See you on Sunday!)

Snow Family said...

I am going to start DVRing the noon daily news so I can see you! It would probably be fun for the two of you to go live somewhere else this summer while doug does APX, especially if it's the last time. I will add your blog to my favorites!

Michelle said...

Yay! I just saw on the Hicken blog that you started this. So fun!