Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kind of graduation...

This past weekend was graduation time at BYU.  Doug and I will graduate in December from school but there is no graduation ceremony in the winter.  So we decided to walk early because we don't know where we will be living next April for the next graduation.  It was a major tease walking early because we felt like we were done with school but no... we just have one more pesky semester left.  My parents flew in from Tennessee for the weekend for grad and to celebrate my grandpa's 75th birthday with the Pesci side. 
 Right after commencement.  It was so hot that day.
My dad and Doug

 These blue gowns are so much better than my AWFUL maroon high school gown.
Representing the broadcast girls! Is anyone shocked that we're all blonde? haha OF COURSE they would butcher all three of our names right in a row... Rosanna was pronounced "Rose ah nanana" yea...

Doug's parents after the ceremony


Us with our diploma's that had nothing inside of them! December cannot come fast enough!

My parents who made the trip from Tennessee! 
And Aunt Janine flew in from DC.

And even though we have a couple more months, we got some great presents from our friends and family.  These just happen to be two of my favs from my parents haha
I've been searching for the perfect pair of nude pumps ALL SUMMER! And thank you Nordstrom for being awesome as always and having them for me.

And then this amazing gift was from my parents.  Doug and I have been talking for awhile about getting a great camera to have before we have kids so that we can have great pictures of our family.  Well this was an AWESOME surprise.  It doubles as a camera and video camera so we are so excited. Thank you mom and dad!
School starts on the 29th and I have never been so anxious for school to start... mostly so it can end 4 months later! This semester will be kind of crazy and stressful but I know we can finish strong.

P.S. Happy one year anniversary again to my little Laurface.  She and Tony got married a year ago on the 14th and it was so amazing.  I was so glad I was able to be inside the temple for their special day and I loved every minute of it.  I was a hot mess so the tissues were immediately passed to me but this wedding had been a long time coming! Love you both so much.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations dears! Let me know how you like your camera. . .I'm in the market for one!

Michelle said...

Yay!!!! Happy graduation!!!! You guys look great, and I love the shoes Rosie. :)

Amy and Mark said...

I think it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to take a bad picture, Mrs. Photogenic!!!
Cute pumps!

Snow Family said...

I'm jealous! I wished I had walked when I graduated college and I wish I had that camera!