Sunday, April 17, 2011

I feel old

Today I was just thinking about life and what has happened in it and I just felt old.  Here are some of the reasons why...






 My baby sister Olivia is 16 today.  16 years old!  When did that happen?  When did all of my siblings become teenagers?  She got her braces off on Thursday just in time for prom last night.. a perfect sweet 16 gift!  I texted my sister Arianna today and told her that Olivia was officially prettier than Ari and I could have ever hoped for when we were freshman. haha Ari then told that's what happens when you are a freshman in the 90's (I think she's just a little confused on when I was a freshman hah I'm not that old!)  Anyways, watch out world.. Olivia Pesci is dating and I can only wait for these stories from my parents.


My little Abner is graduating on Friday.  I cannot believe she is graduating already! If I wasn't such a slacker I'd be there with her but that'll be me in December.  It's just so weird to think that we are adults going off into the big scary world.  Abs is leaving soon to do her internship in New York City and I'm so so proud of her.  She is the greatest friend you could ever ask for, even if she did want to call me Rizzo freshman year. 


And then there's this little gal.  My little laurface just got accepted to the University of Utah (which I won't hold against her because I love her so much) Nursing program!  If you could see how much studying and hard work she's been putting in, you would know how much this means to her! I'm so proud of her and so excited to see her in her little scrubs!  Can't wait for her to be my nurse when I have my first child (haha joke laurrrr)

So friends are leaving, and graduating, and everyone is just growing up.  Doug and I were looking at my sister in law Heather's blog this morning and watched a video of our nephew who just turned one walking around.  Made me sad that we missed it but I'm excited for everything that is happening in life.  It just makes me feel old.

Don't worry babe... we're not this old yet.  But can't wait for that day :)

8 comments:

Arianna Pesci said...

haha i guess i meant you grew up in the 90s and just carried that fashion sense into your later years...i don't know! haha but yes she is gorg and all grown up!

Michelle said...

Oh Rosie, you're not old yet. Just wait til you have stretch marks and saggy skin from having babies...then you'll feel old! :)

Rachel U said...

so excited for laur and abs! so great. love your blog rosie. love youuuuuu!

Jamie said...

aww you arent THAT old :) ha i love your blog! So happy for Abs and Laur...Olivia wow cant believe how old she is getting either.

Wendy said...

Yep. You're old. Just like the rest of us. :) Oh wait, you still have a "2" in front of your age. Guess you've got a few more years until the "old" is official! :)

Snow Family said...

Tyler is always saying that he wants to be a kid forever. That's the way I feel sometimes too! We could watch family videos forever just to relive the days! I feel old too.

Mom said...

You all crack me up...wait until you have a 5 in front of your age! I thought the picture at the end was hilarious- thats how I feel!

Gardners said...

haha this made me laugh...love the your wedding picture we need to hang out cuz i am STUCK HERE ALL SUMMER!!!